Thursday, October 18, 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude

 
 
I am really struggling today with an overwhelming feeling of wanting my children to be grateful for what they have and what is given to them.
 
They sometimes will "act like brats" as I like to call it and show a less than beaming side of themselves when someone gives them a gift. Yes it embarasses me, but more than that I do not want my children to grow up taking advantage of the blessings they have in their life- and they have an abundance.
 
Maybe not all parents consider birthday presents to be a blessing but I do.
 
Because we are blessed to have people in our life that care enough about them to gift them something,
 because often times they receive things they need which is one less thing I have to buy as a parent (which eases the financial burden)
because I truly hope that as they get older my children will learn the joy it can bring to another when they GIVE a thoughtful present.
 
So I have been thinking alot about ways the I as their mom can help them to foster gratefulness and an attitude of gratitude.
 
What is going to get the message across to a 7 and 4 year old?
What will their little brains understand?
 
I am adding this to my list of things to do because I feel strongly of it's importance.
I am on the search for activities that I can do with/ for my kids to help them develop an attitude of gratitude.
 
A Gratitude Project if you will.
I will be scouring the internet and quizing people for thought and ideas.
Stay tuned.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Let us know what you find - I'd love to teach Jax that not everyone is as fortunate as he is.

    ReplyDelete