Monday, September 26, 2011

Salted Caramel? Yes please!

On Friday I treated myself to a Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino from Starbucks and let me just tell you it was AHHHmazing!! The perfect drink to usher in Fall...



Doesn't it look delicious?!?!

Well it was and I have been thinking about it ever since, must be something about the salty/ sweet combo but it had me hooked at the first sip.


So Sunday morning while blog surfing I came across these beauties

at Gallamore West. They are pumpkin cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream icing.

I will let that sink in for a minute. Of course I decided right then and there that I had to make them and I did, from scratch, just like the genius over at Gallamore west. And they were good and rich and so fall.

I wish that I had pics to show you but my camera totally wigged out on me this weekend, they looked pretty much like the pic above except my icing looked no where near that good (but as long as they taste amazing, and they did, who cares what they look like...)

3 comments:

  1. Yumm-o! I so want to try these... but I'll probably start off with a drive to Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I thought I'd gotten over the need for that frosting, I read the blog! Delish!!! You can now add baking to your ever-growing list of talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sweet!!! So glad you like the cupcakes... and I think I'm going to Starbucks in the morning!
    Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete