Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Piecing Together Some Love

Let me start by saying that I have THE most amazing BFF in the world and I could not function without her.

To show her how much I LOOOVE her I decided this year that I was going to make her a quilt for her birthday. I think I decided this in March and her birthday is in August, so I had plenty of time.

I decided on what I thought would be a "simple" square quilt. Four fabrics cut to squares, sewn together to make one big 12 x 12 square. Easy enough, right?

My plan was to join the large squares together with a coordinating blue fabric. I showed Lauren, my amazing neighbor and friend my plan one day and she suggested adding orange to the border... (I loved the idea but did NOT want to do it because it seemed hard)

But, I listened and it got me to here...

Lauren was totally right, it added a ton of character and I loved the addition.
This is the quilt all pieced together and ready to go the the quilter. And even though I planned ahead and had MORE than enough time to finish in a timely manner, I am a procrastinator at heart and this never would have been done on time without my Momma and my Amazing Sister Anna. They were HUGE lifesavers. THANK YOU!!!

Now I only piece the squares together and then takes the top and bottom to a lady here locally to "quilt it together". She has a machine as big as my living room that makes it look like this...

back view


And here's the front view, totally complete.

It was a total labor of love and I am so proud of myself that I actually finished it.

And Abby loved it (at least she said she did ;) HAHA ).

Dang I love that girl!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I looks SO good and the extra work on the orange was totally work it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still cant get over how awesome that quilt is!! it almost makes me want to make one...almost...

    ReplyDelete