Saturday, February 2, 2013

a NEW normal

(My internet was out the end of last week so I'm sorry I missed the end of the week)

Man I'm tired, like all of the time.
I swear I heard somewhere that working out was suppossed to give you energy.
Maybe it's because I'm older and I am working out SO much that my body is screaming "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!?"
 
My most immediate goal is fast approaching.
I am doing a 5K @ The Bayou City Classic on March 9th with some of my family and my goal is to RUN the entire thing.
  Two years ago I did the 10K and didn't really train and it sucked.
This time I wanna do it right.

In an effort to reach my goal, I have been doing classes at the gym 5 days a week and am running as well at least 3 days. (I can't imagine why I'm tired)

I am in no way a runner.
But I want to be.
I want to start showing my kids what having goals and achieving them looks like.
I want them to grow up to value "me time" and see the importance of taking care of themselves.
For Monroe especially, I want her to see that her Mom took care of herself first so that I could better take care of my family.
I want to give my kids a good start.
I want to set the example.
I want to give them a NEW normal.
  
Langston is struggling to settle into a staying at home routine, and I think we may have some sibling rivalry going on...maybe

 
Keddie wanted his hair slicked back for school . It took everything in me to let him leave the house like that. Picking my battles. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment