Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Deception in cooking

Deception is what it takes to get my kids to eat the veggies that they think they don't like.
My kids are not picky eaters, mainly because they don't have the option.
They eat what we eat or they don't eat.
 
But I am trying to find ways to eat more veggies myself without feeling like I'm always eating veggies. 


One of my favorite remedies is to add a ton of blended up veggies to pasta sauce.
Just throw everything you have into the blender...I add a little of the sauce, it helps it blend better to have some liquid. 

Last night I had celery, carrotts, broccoli, and zucchinni. 
 
 
But I also chop some up to add because that's the way (uh huh uh huh) I like it.


The kinda greenish yellow sauce is the one from the blender and then you mix it with the rest of the can (did you think I made it from scratch? come on now)


 
Once you mix it all together, it all looks the same. 
 
Then when the kids pick out some of the chopped veggies it's not a huge fight because I know they are getting plenty.
 
It'll be my secret.
And the hubs and I think the sauce tastes better with all the blended veggies too.
 
Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment