Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New to me sewing machine

I am so excited. I practically begged my mom to get me a sewing machine this year for Christmas (you know since she was moving away and wouldn't be here to execute all my sewing needs), and for some reason she didn't think i'd use it so no sewing machine for me.
That's all right, I still love you mom!

Well I had already started saving my pennies so I could (eventually) buy one for myself. Much to my surprise Mike's Mawmaw had an old one that she was looking for a new home for. This is where I (giddy) enter the picture. He picked it up for me this past weekend and I was soooo excited to use her.

This is her (isn't she great?)


This is the original manual. 2010 is not the year but the model. It's from the 1980's

These are the goods I picked up at Hobby Lobby for my first solo project


I decided to make an apron, easy enough I thought. and it was, that is once I figured out how to thread the needle and bobbin correctly. I had to call in some reinforcements for that (THANKS Krystal!)





But after that it was pretty smooth sailin and I was pretty impressed with myself that I did it by myself and that it's something that I will actuall use.


I can't wait to use her...I love her print and color...she makes me happy!


3 comments:

  1. You are to funny. I used to have a machine mom bought me years ago, not sure what happened to it. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! Congrats on the sewing machine, you will love it! I use mine all the time. Your first project looks great, let me know if I can help or you ever need fabric scraps, I have TONS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute!! the thread bobbin & needle are the toughest parts for me, too. can't wait to see what else you make--now the pressure is on. you blogged about it so we are going to be expecting something else! ; )

    ReplyDelete