Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolutions vs Goals

Happy new years, here's hoping that 2011 is a whole lot better than 2010!

So, I have been doing a lot of self reflection trying to figure out the missing link. For a while now I have felt like someting is missing, not necessarily something huge but something. So in an effort of self- discovery I decided why not try and do things differently than before in an attempt to find what's missing...balance

Which brings me toresolutions and goals, people say don't make resolutions, make goals, but from where I'm reading, they seem pretty similar to me.

res·o·lu·tion: 
1. a formal expression of opinion or intention made,
2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
VS
goal:
1. the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.

Maybe you have a resolution and then you take steps towards making it happen (like making a plan) and that's when it becomes a goal?...?

So I am going to make some goals...things that I have been wanting to do or feel like I should do...maybe I could have a goal for each week or each month....

I don't know how I'm gonna do it but stay tuned... I'll let you know.

2011 is gonna be the year that I make things happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment