Monday, January 10, 2011

Goal # 2

How am I to accomplish my goals that require me to be outside when the temp is 39 and dropping? Some of you may be thinking that's not so bad, but there's no sun shine either. It's just a cold, miserable, dreary kind of day.


Which brings me to my second goal for the new year.......on the edge of your seat, I know,
I am going to do a 10K. Notice I didn't say "run" a 10K.

The date is 3/12/11
The event is the Bayou City Classic
The emotion of the day is terrified
As I am typing this I'm thinking did I really commit to do a 10K? I must be crazy!
Not only did I commit but I already registered so I can't back out.
So my plan to accomplish this goal is to get started on the couch to 10K in 10 weeks plan. (Well actually I started it on Saturday) and I only have 9 weeks to go.
Which brings me back to it being toooooo cold to be outside... I guess I'm gonna have to hit the gym and hit the treadmill...
Continuing words of encouragement will be needed from here on out!

2 comments:

  1. You.can.do.it. I'm making myself go to the gym at least twice during the week. Probably Monday and Wednesday from 4-4:45... if you need a gym buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you should of told me. I would do it with you! One of my goals this year is to get in good enough shape to do those things. Right now it is a slow start. By a start nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete