Friday, January 25, 2013

Book review

Man it's been a looong time since I read a book that I wanted to review.
A couple of months in book club (yes, we actually read...most of the time) the book was Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.
They told me it was Christian fiction (enter eye roll here) and I was not excited.  
But it had been a couple of months since I had actually finished one of the books so to the library I went to get it.
It was about a girls' journey and struggle to find God and accept him into her life;
without giving away too many details, it was good and I recommend it.
 
Fast forward another month and I needed a new read.
I decided to give Ms. Francine another GO since I had enjoyed the last one so much.
This time I picked Her Mother's Hope.
 
This book followed a young girl through her journey to find independence from an emotionally abusive and overbearing father. The book follows her through adulthood and then through her daughter's life. The character were so real and  flawed, but in a way that made you root for them.
I couldn't put it down. When I finished the book I was left wanting more and it wasn't until I was completely done and saw the back cover that I realized there was a sequel (enter inner squeal of delight)!!!
 
Her Daughter's Dream is the sequel.
I started this book on Wed night and I finished it Thursday night. It is over 500 pages. and it was so good.
Between the two books you get to follow 4 generations of women in a family and witness the dynamics and choices that shape their lives.
I laughed. I cried. I loved it!
 
Highly recommend...
 
 
 
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment