Monday, February 27, 2012

Nesting

This past weekend was the first time in a loooong time that I have actually had some energy and felt up to doing more than lounging on the couch.
Friday night while lying on the couch, I had this overwhelming desire to go clean out the toy room.
I can assure you this was no small feat.
I didn't get a before picture (bad blogger, I know) but just imagine toys everywhere, tripping on something every step you took, bins emptied. Not a pretty sight!
In the past I would clean the toy room only to have the boys pay in there and destroy it less than a day later.
I finally had enough and decided we had TOO MANY TOYS!!
This is the view from where I was sitting and sorting.
Hubby did help (I am pretty sure he thought I was crazy for starting such a ginormous project so late at night, and I am sure he thought I would make it half way through and then quit with exhaustion), and between the two of us we went through every bin, basket and box in the room. We literally laid our hands on every toy in the house.
It was a little overwhelming but so rewarding.
This is part of the "give away" pile...
more still..
The next morning hubby & Keddie loaded it all up and went to donate it.
I need an after pic, I know... I will try and get one tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I know the point of the post is the toys, but the floors!!!! They look sharp! Lots of hard work at the Ramsden house lately...feel free to nest at my house anytime.

    ReplyDelete