Thursday, August 18, 2011

Changes and Random

I know I have been MIA forever, like over a month. We have been enjoying the last bits of summer before our world gets turned upside down. Today is Keddie's last day of daycare (woohoo for more $$ in my pocket), but that also means that he starts Kindergarden on Monday.

He is SOOOO excited that he can hardly stand it. I on the other hand am having some out of nowhere anxiety about it. I actually started crying this morning when I dropped him off for his LAST day. I am a bit of an emotional wreck...


So this weekend will be spent getting ready for the first week of school and hopefully preparing us for a new routine. Oh and tomorrow night is Meet the Teacher (fingers crossed that we get a fantastic one). Lots of changes coming our way.


So here is the random...I saw these super cute Sperry's the other day in the girls' section at Dillards and I want them. They are NOT really my style at all, but for some reason I am drawn to them and am now on the hunt for them in my size. Wish me luck!


I also would like to make a confession. I have a small (okay large) problem. I can't resist an fantastic basket. And these are gorgeous...



I saw them in my Sept issue of Better Homes and Garden and had to find them. find them here http://cspost.com. I am in Love and they will find a home at my home. Just trying to narrow down color and the room that they will look amazing in.


Off to enjoy the last weekend of summer while trying not to blubber like a baby at meet the teacher.



1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say that the anxiety is not "out of nowhere," but rather a part of the territory. I'm having similar anxiety related to Dash starting mother's day out, so fast forward a few years to kindergarten, and well, I'm going to have a little trouble with it.

    But seriously, retail therapy does help, so good luck on the sperry's. You'll rock 'em!

    ReplyDelete