Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stress + Calorie Counting= NO BUENO

Of course it would happen that I decide to start watching what I shove into my mouth on the same day that I am super stressed. (Now that I am typing this, maybe that's what caused my stress.) Nothing huge just a TON of little things that all add up to me wanting to go home and eat a bag of popcorn for dinner with a glass of wine. Should be easy enough, right.

No, my kids pick last night to not want to eat Their dinner, which means no snacks, which means I can't very well have my popcorn infront of them (well I could have but not if I wanted to keep on the good mommy side of the fence). Dang kids!

What's a mom to do? It's not often anymore that I just need, yes I said NEED to veg out with a bag of popcorn, but yesterday I NEEDED it. So I did the only thing I knew to do, asked Mike to take the kiddos outside to play for a while. It was glorious. I even watched a DVRed show completely uninterrupted (a small miracle in my house).

Today I woke up feeling a little less stressed (only to remember Mike will be out of town with work all next week) so well see where it takes me today. Happy Hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment