Monday, April 25, 2011

Book Review: There's Cake in my Future

My Book Club read this month was There's Cake in my future by Kim Gruenfelder.





I had a REALLY hard time getting into this book. It followed a group of 30 something friends. It started with the group of friends at a shower ( honestly can't remember if it was wedding or baby). When it came time for the cake, they all pulled a charm from the cake that is supposed to tell your future. The host had it rigged to give her friends the charm they wanted, but oopps, there was a mix up. The story follows the friends as they continue to live their lives and see the charms predictions come true for those around them.





It got better as I got further into it. Mostly I just wanted to see how one of the relationships with Seema and her long time friend (that she's secretly in love with) panned out.





It wasn't a "Book Club" book per se, not a lot of deep meaningful issues to talk about. But it was a cute, easy read. I would recommed for a day at the beach but not for a book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment