Monday, October 11, 2010

The "C" word

Anyone that knows me well knows that I hate cancer, no hate is not a strong enough word, I loathe it. It continues to break my heart.


I lost my dad to brain cancer in 2004. For him, the battle was short and I hold firm in believing that he never had a chance of winning that war by the time the tumor was found. Losing my dad was and contines to be one of the hardest trials of my life. I miss him greatly everyday.


And this weekend, I lost one of my closest childhood friends, Becky.


We grew up together, we played together, our siblings played together. She was such an awesome person, even then. She was nice to everyone ( a rare quality to find amongst kids), she was soooo funny, always up for a good time and such a good friend.


She lost her battle with Cancer on Friday. She was MY age. She had 4 beautiful children that will not have her as they grow up. A husband that loved her more than life, and a huge following of supporters. Even as she battled this horrific disease she was positive and kept her sense of humor; a true inspiration to me on how to gracefully deal with adversity.


I will miss her so much and hope that wherever she is, she has left a legacy that will not be forgotten.

1 comment: