Friday, October 8, 2010

Alone...never

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. -Sophia Loren

I recently caught myself in the middle of thinking that I could use some alone time. You may be thinking well what is wrong with that? Well nothing, unless you are like me, crazy obsessed with your kids. Even when they're not with me, they consume me. Well my thoughts anyway, and I often end up wishing that they were with me so I could stop worrying so much about them. Is it just me, am I crazy or is this what mommyhood is all about?

I worry that they know how much I love them but also know there's a thing called tough love.
I worry about if they'll remain friends as they get older.
I worry about them staying healthy.
I worry that they will always be nice and never bully.
I worry that I am too soft on them.
I worry that I am too hard on them.
Do they get enough sleep, eat enough veggies, will they do good in school, will they be successful, happy.....the list goes on and on......

So for me alone time is an urban legend, a friend of a friend knows someone that it happened to one time years ago. But considering the alternative, I won't complain, I will count my blessings; they are two and five (well next week, he'll be five).

1 comment:

  1. Your an amazing mother. I've witnessed it first hand. When many mom's would have thrown there hands up, you take a deep breath and put your kids first. You know when to take time for yourself because your kids need you at your best. I don't think you should have anything to worry about!

    ReplyDelete