Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Soda no More

Today marks day 2 of my personal challenge to myself to dramatically reduce my coke intake. And by coke I mean soda of all kinds. These two are my personal favorite...The Nectar of the gods.. as my siblings and I refer to it...Yummy

And no one in my family, shares my love for Coke but I love it just the same

So this all came about because I realized over the weekend that I had drank 2 LARGE SONIC drinks in one day...That's a lot of soda goodness....oh I mean that's alot of soda.

And that means alot of sugar which translates to a lot of unneeded calories. I think I might have just identified what has been sabotaging my weightloss.

And I hate to feel like I am addicted to anything...so when I start to feel like I need a soda to start my day and wake me up, I want to prove to myself that I am in control.

So on day two, I will admit I feel a little more tired. I think I miss the caffeine the most, and since I don't like coffee, I guess I'm gonna have to find an alternate source of energy...

So if I seem a little more grumpy than normal, just give me a coke...or Dr. Pepper.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go girl - and stick with it! The first few days are always the worst! I gave up Diet DP after the stuff in the news about strokes. I decided it prolly wasn't worth the risk. They taste totally gross to me know - scary what those chemicals can do to convince you that you NEED the soda. Give it a few week and DP will taste like straight syrup.

    ReplyDelete